Monday, May 22, 2006

13 Years On - Salisbury Beach

Thirteen years ago I spent the summer between my third and fourth years at university working in Pirates Fun Park in Salisbury Beach in Massachussets. It was a great, memorable time, and a fantastic experience, and I was curious to revisit the scene of so many memories.

Returning for the first time since I left in September 1993, I was confronted with many familiar sights, but much of what I had remembered was now gone. It was always a bit of a run-down place before, but now it is a ghost town - reminiscent of an abandoned wild west town. Even the desperados have left. Pirates Park, once the focus of the community, is sadly no more - all that remains is the gate and sign!

It was so desolate that we only spent 30 minutes or so gazing at the remains of a place I remembered so well...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO
Did you check out our 'summer party house'?
Was it still standing?

22 May, 2006 17:01

 
Blogger Nick said...

Yep Chong - one of the few things still there. It's been painted pink though!

22 May, 2006 17:06

 

Post a Comment

<< Home